Sunday, August 31, 2014

In Memoriam August, no date

1774 Abraham Denton in Shenandoah Co., VA age 74.  He was the son of Abraham & Mary (Thorne) Denton and born in Hempstead, NY in 1700.  Abraham married Mary O’Dell in Orange Co., NY and they had at least one son, James. 

1823 Elizabeth (Johnson) Hinkle the daughter of Caspar & Catherine (Morse) Johnson was born in Pennsylvania.  She married Charles Hinkle ca. 1761  and they had at least three children: Caspar, William and Charles.  Catherine wrote a will in Shelby Co., KY in August 1823:
The Last Will and Testament of Elizabeth Hinkle of Shelby County State of Kentucky considering the uncertainty of this mortal life and being of sound mind and memory (Blessed be Almighty God for the same).  Do make and publish this my last will and testament in manner and form following (that is to say) First, I give and bequeath unto my beloved son Charles Hinkle all my beds, bed clothes and bedsteads.  I give and bequeath to my daughters all my clothes to be equally divided amongst them their heirs etc. I will and order that Elizabeth Hinkle daughter of my son Charles, have my large walnut chest also I give and bequeath to my children Each and every one included, heirs, etc. all my money – notes, accounts & claims – to be equally divided among them.  And lastly I hereby appoint my son Charles Hinkle executor of this my last will and testament hereby revoking all former wills by me made in witness whereof I have here unto set my hand and seal this fifteenth day of February in the year of our Lord 1823. 
Elizabeth Hinkle (seal)
Signed, sealed, published etc. in the presence of us who have here unto subscribed our names as witnesses.  David Talbott, Casper J. Hinkle
A writing purporting to be the Last Will and Testament of Elizabeth Hinkle, dec'd. was produced in court where upon David Talbott and Casper J. Hinkle two of the subscribing witnesses thereto being duly sworn states that said writing was signed, sealed acknowledged and delivered by the said Elizabeth as and for his last Will and Testament and that ____  they believe  she was of sound Desposing mind and memory at the time of doing the same which writing is order to be recorded where upon Charles Hinkle the ____ named is said will came into court and took upon himself the burthen of the execution thereof and having taken the oath required by law and entered into bond with David Talbot his secuirty in the penalty of $1000 conditioned as the law directs ______ of land will is granted him in due form of law.
Ja. S. Whitaker, Clerk
1827 Mary (Johnson) Hinkle sister of Elizabeth (Johnson) Hinkle above, Mary married Philip Hinkle, Charles Hinkle’s brother. She was born ca. 1743 and died probably in Bucks Co., PA age 84.  Mary & Philip had eleven children: Philip, Catherine, Mary, Margaret, Barbara, Ann, Joseph, Casper, Elizabeth, Anthony and Charles.  She is buried in Deep Run Mennonite Cemetery in Bucks Co., PA.

1943 Wakeman Fitzgerald at the Illinois State hospital in Anna, IL age 78.  Born in Louisville, IL in 1865, he was the son of William & Emily (Smith) Fitzgerald.  Wakeman married America Wilson and they had 11 children: unnamed child, Marybelle, Itha, Annie, Olsa, Edna, Rovilla, John, Carl, Clara and Francis.  He is buried in Iola, IL.

1951 Mary (Thompson) Pearson age 82.  She was the daughter of Richard & Nancy (Colclasure) Thompson born in Clay Co., IL in 1869.  Mary married John Pearson and they had at least four children: Stella, Vernon, Bernice and Rolla.

1980 Cathy (Courtright) Myers daughter of James & Madonna (Willison) Courtright.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Regarding Wakeman Fitzgerald, did you mean to say that Wakeman (not William) married America Wilson and they had 11 children: unnamed child, Marybelle, Itha, Annie, Olsa, Edna, Rovilla, John, Carl, Clara and Francis? Marybelle is my grandmother and her father was Wakeman. I am Dale and Hazel's youngest child (Kim) and I very much enjoy your blog. I recently shared with my children (Ashley and Joey Hill) your photos of Iva Jewel Colclasure. We don't remember having seen those two photos before and love having them now. Iva was very beautiful. Thanks for your genealogy research and records. It's appreciated and brings back great memories of mom happily researching. Thanks again.

Dedpepl said...

Yes, I did, I'll fix it now. I think we've met a time or two. Your mom was very helpful with genealogy. I am Trixie's daughter. We only have about 3 photos of Iva. Glad you like the blog. Keep fact checking!!