Friday, July 25, 2014

In Memoriam July 25th

1479 Robert Tilden age 39 son of John & Johanna (?) Tilden wrote his will.  He was born ca. 1440 in Benenden, England and married Alice.  They had at least two children: Johane and John.  The will went to probate July 11, 1480.
To be buried in the church yard of Benenden.  To the high altar there 20d.  To every god-son 4d. To the mending of the bad way between Wodesend and Pepper Bondesgate 3s, 4d.  Certain brass pots to remain as part of my messuage.  The residue of all my goods and legacies, I give to Alice, my wife, and John Telden my brother, whom I make executors, to dispose of my goods at their discretion for the health of my soul.
My last will concerning my lands.  My feoffees of all my land in Benenden and Cranbrook in the county of Kent are Thoel Watman, Richard Evenden, Water Denman, John Stace son of Thomas Stace, and John Nenne son of Robert Nenne.  To wife Alice during her widowhood, my lands in the denne of Crotehole, with reversion, after her death or marriage, to son John at the age of 18 years.  To my son John, after my wife’s decease or marriage seven pieces of land called Hersetsgrove, Gretefield, Longfeld, Fyveaores, Griggismede and the two pipeslands.
Provisions made for any future child born.  To brother John Telden two pieces of land called Yaldfeld and Yalfeldewode, he to pay to my daughter Johna 12 marks at her marriage.  If my son John, or any other son I may have, die before 18 years, without heirs to their bodies lawfully begotten, my garden and lands on the den of Crotehole, after the death of my wife Alice, to my brothers John and Thomas, they paying to my daughters at marriage, or the age of 28 years £20 each.  And if they die before said time, then my brothers pay for a priest to celebrate in the church of Benenden for my soul for one year, 5 marks.
To my brother John arable land and wood called le knoll, Knolwode, Whithm  wode, Cul’towne and cul’towne wode, containing 20 acres in payment £22, 13s, 4d which I owe him; 16 marks which Thomas Hendle of Cranebrook owes me for land he bought of me, in payment of 50 marks which I owe to my said brother; and two pieces of land called Jociescrofte and Slystowne on the den of Telden in payment of 6 marks which I owe him.
1873 Michael Dietz of cholera about 39 in Carmi, IL.  Born in Wertenberg, Germany ca. 1834 he immigrated to Indiana in 1856 where he married Fredericka Probst in 1861.  They had six children: Andrew, Louisa, Magdalena, Lulu, William and William.  Michael served in Co. A of the 91st IN Infantry during the Civil War.  He is buried in the old Carmi Cemetery.

1893 Elizabeth Zeller 7 months old the daughter of John & Clara (Erkman) Zeller.

No comments: