Thursday, July 24, 2014

In Memoriam July 24th

1655 Christabel (Brushett) Gallop was born in England and married John Gallop in 1618.  They had at least six children: Joan, John, William, Francis, Samuel, Nathaniel.  She immigrated to Massachusetts on the Griffin in 1633.  In 1655 she wrote a will and it was admitted to probate in September of that year.
24th of ye 5 mo. [July] 1655.  I doe give unto my sonne John Gallop halfe my money wch is about £15 & doe give him ye bed I lye on with one boulster, one coverlid & blanckett, alsoe one of ye best brasee Kettles a sea Chest, a great bible, one pewter platter one paire of sheets, one pillowber, five napkins, one holland board cloth & halfe my waring clothes, I doe give Hannah my sonne John Gallop's wife;
I give to my daughter Joane Joye, halfe my money with on great brasee pott, with on of ye best brasee Kettles, also a great white chest one bedsteed one flocke bed two blancketts also one paire of my best sheetes one beareing sheete one odd sheete one pewter candelstick one porringer, one pewter platter, & five napkins, with halfe my wearing clothes all these I doe give to my daughter Joane Joy ye rest of my goods I doe give to be devided betweene my sonne Sam'l Gallop & my sonne Nathaniell Gallop each of them equally.  James Penn & Edward Rainsford to be ye overseers of this my will.
Christobell Gallop [mark]
witnesses:

  • John Search
  • Dorothy Upshall
1859 Frances (Morehead) Belles, age 21 the daughter of Charles & Fanny (Warder) Morehead.  She was born in 1838 and married Gill Belles in 1858.

1939 Rudolph Mick husband of Anna Smith.  They had five children:  Gustav, Ella, Florence, Hilda and Doris.  He is buried in Marine Cemetery in Madison Co., IL.

1951 George Zeller, age 70 in Nebraska.  He was born in White Co., IL in 1881 the son of John & Clara (Erkman) Zeller.  George married Barbara Wackel in 1906.  He is buried in Crawford, NE.

1961 Mary (Schewberger) Durling Erkman in White Co., IL age 94.  She was born in 1867 in Indiana the daughter of L.G. & E. (Jones) Schewberger.  Mary married 1) ? Durling ca. 1886 and they had three children: Etta, Stella and Elizabeth. She married 2) Martin Erkman in 1894 and they had seven children: Elvis, Louis, Donald, Ruth, Ivan, Beulah and Dorothy.  Mary is buried in Maple Ridge Cemetery in Carmi, IL.

No comments: