Sunday, April 20, 2014

In Memoriam April nd

1528 Thomas Perkins in England.  He wrote his will on April 3rd and it was probated on April 21st.  His wife’s name was Alice and they had at least three children: Henry, Joan and Juliana.  Thomas and his wife 

1704 Irena & Alithea Bradford the twin daughters of Joseph & Anne (Fitch) Bradford were born April 6, 1704 and died before the end of the month.  Joseph & Anne had another set of twins in 1715 whom they named Irene and Alithea.


1808 Abraham Clark age 76, in Hardy Co., WV, he was the son of Henry Clark born in 1731.  Abraham married Sarah Badgley and they had at Watson, Nancy, Mary, Henry, Tabitha and Abraham.  Abraham's will was probated on April 13, 1808:

In the name of God amen.  I Abraham Clarke of Hardy County and state of Virginia being weak in body but in my right mind and memory and calling to mind the mortality of the body and that it is appointed for all men once to die do make and ordain this my last will and testament and first I recommend my soul to God who gave it to me not doubting but at the general resurrection I shall receive the same again by the almighty power of God.  Secondly my body to earth to be buried in Christian like manner at the direction of my executors and as touching such worldly estate as it has pleased God to bless me with I give and dispose of in the following manner to wit.  And firstly I order and will that all of my just debts and funeral charges be paid.  Secondly I give and bequeath to my well beloved wife Sarah the use of my plantation during her natural life or until she may desire it to be sold by my Executors and then such a part of the purchase money to remain in the hands of my executors as will be sufficient to maintain her during her natural life, also one third part of my movable estate to be sold and divided into four parts, one part to go to Sarah’s children all but Tabitha she is to have nothing and the money is to be in the executor’s hands and to be paid to the children as they come of age excepting Sarah she shold be left a widow and if she is to take what is left.  The other three parts is to go to my other three children, namely, Watson, Nancy and Mary allowing that Henry and Abraham has received their share of my Estate and the balance of the money remaining in the hands of my executors of the sale of the land after my wife’s death to be equally divided amongst Watson, Nancy and Mary and Sarah, children, except Tabitha aforesaid and I do hereby empower my executors to sell and convey my land when my wife may acquire it and likewise I give to Watson, Nancy, Mary & Sarah’s children all but Tabitha aforesaid a tract of land on Watkins ridge to be equally divided amongst them and Lastly I do nominate and appoint Watson Clarke and Job Welton executors of this my will to see to perform all things according to the true interest and meaning thereof and I do hereby revoke all other wills by me made ratifying and confirming this to be my last will and testament.  In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this fourth day of April 1803.
Witness
James Hughes
Morgan Byrnes                                    Abraham Clarke (Seal)

Charles Murphy

1951 Emma Dora (?) Erkman age 63.  She was born in Germany in 1888 and immigrated to the U.S. in 1906.  Emma married John Erkman ca. 1909 and they had five children: Edna, Edward, Martin, Mildred and John.  She is buried in St. Clair Memorial Park in East St. Louis, IL.

1965 John Henson age 71 was the son of John & Mary (Gurley) Henson born ca. 1895.  He married Eva Holler in 1913 and they had at least one son John.

1996 Paul Linder the husband of Nancy Fitzgerald

No comments: