Monday, February 24, 2014

In Memoriam February 24th

1700 Samuel Lathrop will - File No. 3293 abstract.
To wife, use of house and house and homestead, moveables and rent of farm at New London, etc. during her widowhood; household stuff which my wife brought with her, I give to her to be at her own disposal; son John has had portion; to son Samuel my right in my farm consisting of 200 acres at Peagscomsuck.  To two sons Israel and Joseph my farm at Shoutuckitt, with 26 acres adjoining and my farm toward Lebanon of about 300 acres and 10 acres of meadow in Yantick, also my house and homestead at death and remarriage of wife; to son Israel 6 acres of pasture above my son Joseph's house; to 3 sons Samuel, Israel and Joseph, undivided lands.  Wit: John Woodward, Simon Huntington
1955 Joe Dove age 61 son of William & Alice (Goss) Dove was born in Wayne Co., IL in 1894.  He married Clara Wood and they had three sons:  Keith, Kenneth and Kermit.  Joe is buried in Bruce Cemetery west of Wayne City, Illinois.

1959 Funeral services for Lyman E. Gurley, 51, prominent Wayne City area farmer, who was killed in a tractor accident Tuesday, February 24, were held at 3 p.m. Thursday at the First Christian Church, Wayne City, Bro. Charles Johnson officiating.  Burial was in the Thomason Cemetery.


1998 Kern Fitzjerrals husband of Freda Gaskill

No comments: