Saturday, March 22, 2014

In Memoriam March 22rd

1592 In the name of God amen the 22 day of March of the year of our Lord God according to the computation of the Church of England 1592 and in the 35th year of the reign of our most gratious sovereign Lady Elizabeth by the grace of God of England, France and Ireland, Queen defender of the faith, etc.  I, Robert Peck of Beccles in the county of Suff. whole of mind and perfect of remembrance thanks be to the majesty of God therefore although sick and weak of body at Chemisfforde in the county of Essex at this present of a pluresy not knowing whither it will please God to take me away here or not, do for the better ordering and disposition of such goods, cattles, chattells, plate lands tenements and other heriditaments with the appurtences do make and dispose them as followeth:
First I bequeath my soul to the infinite mercy of Almighty God trusting as surely to be saved by the merits, death and passion of Jesus Christ his dear son, and my body to be buried where it shall please God to call me.

Item I give and bequeath to Hellen my well loved wife (in consideration of the payment of my debts the bringing up of my children and the finishing of the houses which I am now in building) all my houses, lands, tenements, meadows, pastures, feedings as [p. 22] well as coppeholde and all other my leases plate goods and cattles whatsoever or wheresoever lying within the towns of Beccles, Barsh'm, Ingate or else where to have and to hold all an singular the promises with the apportions to the said Helen or here assigns for and during her natural life in consideration of the things above mentioned and also paying such legacies unto my children as I shall appoint or otherwise leave it for want of time to her Godly consideration wherein I desire her in God's behalf to provide for them according to her ability.
And for the better accomplishing here of I do give unto her full power and authority to sell my woods in Barshm" or my meadows in Barshm" or both if need shall so require.  And I do heartily desire my very good friends Mr. Bartholomew Stiles and Mr. John Talbot to be aiding and assisting my wife with their good counsel, advice and labor about the execution of this my last will and testament.
Item I give unto Richard Peck my son all that my houses where in I dwell in Blibergate street my close at Ingate church, my pightill in the same field to have and to hold to him and to his heirs forever.  And also all the lease lands adjoining to the said close for and during the numbers of years yet to come if his mother will vouchsafe him such favor upon condition that he pay such legacies as his mother shall think good to appoint him to do.
Item whereas Thomas Peck my brother deceased by his last will and testament did give unto the said Richard my son two tenements in Balligate street lately burnt and now again one of them builded upon the same ground and upon parcel of other free ground which I purchased of my uncle William Waters I will therefore that the said Richard my son within one month after he shall be of his age of 21 years shall make over estate in fee simple to such of my sons and their heirs as I shall hereafter bequeath the said tenements unto and also surrender my coppeholde if it come to his hands for want to surrendor.  And if my said son Richard shall not perform these things before assigned him I will that he shall loose the benefit of such houses, lands, and leases as I have before assigned unto him and the same to be to those of my two sons to whom I shall give the foresaid new tenements and to their heirs and assigns forever.
Item I give to Nicholas Peck my son my new tenement partly builded upon the tenement late William Waters and my meadows lying in Barshm (if his mother shall spare the said meadows) to have and to hold to him the said Nicholas and his heirs forever paying out of the same such sons of money as his mother shall assign him to do.
Item I give unto Samuel Peck my son the other new tenement and little coppiholde yard to have and to hold to him and his heirs forever paying out thereof to such of his brothers and sisters such money as his mother shall assign him to do.
Item I will if for the benefit of paying my debts bringing up my children finding my son Robert at Cambridge and providing legacies for my two daughters and my son Joseph that if my said wife shall make a lease of all or any parcel of my said lands and tenements.  That the same shall continue for so many years as she shall lease the same her said death or any other legacies what soever before given or appointed to the contrary in any wise notwithstanding.   The residue of all my goods and chattells whatsoever I give them wholly to the said Helen my wife whom I make my sole executrix desiring her in God's behalf to have care of those my children whose legacies I have left to her consideration.
And also of Joane Babb and Elisabeth Babb and Robert Meriman and my sister note as she may Item I ordain Mr. Bartholomew Stiles clerk, Mr. Roger Peirson, and Mr. John Talbot supervisor heartily desiring them to aid my wife with there best help, counsel and advice about the execution hereof written with my own hand.  The day and year above said, by me, Robert Peck
1752 Lydia (Abel) Lathrop she married Thomas Lathrop in 1709 and they had a son Daniel.  Her estate inventory amounted to £5852, 6 d, 10 p.

1976 Lucille (Shaw) Schmidt age 53 the daughter of Herbert & Gertie (Lathrop) Shaw was born in 1922 in Illinois.  She married Lloyd Schmidt and they had three children: Charles, JoAnn and Nancy.


2002 Mrs. Vera V. Kelley, 94 of Chino Valley, AZ, formerly of Geff, died at 5:20 p.m. Friday, Mar. 22, 2002 at the Prescott Valley Samaritan Center, Prescott Valley, AZ.
Services will be held Friday at 11 a.m. at the Hosselton Funeral Home in Cisne with burial in the Bestow Cemetery in Geff.  Rev. Brad Henson will officiate.  Friends may call from 10 a.m. until service time on Friday at the funeral.
She was born May 15, 1907 in Geff, the daughter of Rude Courtright and Gladys Fields.  She married Donald C. Kelley on Feb. 14, 1932 in Mt. Vernon.  He preceded her in death June 18, 1993.
Mrs. Kelley, a housewife, was a member of the Geff United Methodist Church.
Surviving are a daughter, Ann (Paul) Berg of Chino Valley, AZ; a son, Charles Kelley, Phoenix, AZ; two sisters, Maxine Bailey of Geff, and Lois Plonien, Geff; two brothers Arthur Courtight, Florida; and Leon Courtright, Winthrop Harbor; six grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.  In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by four brothers and her parents. 

No comments: