Monday, August 18, 2014

In Memoriam August 18th

1842 Charles Hinkle the son of Charles & Susannah (March) Hinkle was born ca. 1807 in North Carolina.  The family moved to Shelby Co., KY where Charles married Matilda Roney.  The couple had six children: Elizabeth, Mary, William, John, Susan and Emily.  He wrote his will at age 35.
I, Charles Hinkle of Shelby County, Ky. do hereby make my last will and testament in manner and form follows.
I desire that my wife Matilda Hinkle shall have all my estate for her use and benefit of her and children during her widowhood with the following provisions.  First I shall be decently buried.  2nd the children must have their schooling as common.  3rd I desire that all the moneys on hand all that may be collected together with what personal property that can be spared ____  to be laid out in a form that my executors shall choose with the approbation of my wife Matilda Hinkle for the use and benefit of my wife and children.  I further do appoint my friends John Hinkle and James Cooper Executors to this my last will and testament in testimony whereof I have caused my name to be affixed this 18th day of August in the year of our Lord 1842.
Charles Hinkle
1938 John Runyon age 58 in Crestwood, KY.  He was born in 1879 in Kentucky to William & Virginia (Pearce) Runyon.  He married Annie Maddox and they had four children:  John, Leslie, Gladys and William.  He is buried in Duncan Memorial Chapel Cemetery in Floydsburg, KY.

No comments: