Sunday, August 10, 2014

In Memoriam August 10th

David Robertson
1864 David Robertson in Illinois age 16.  He was the son of Lewis & Ruth (Hodgerson) Robertson and was born in Illinois in 1847.  David is buried in Hodgerson Cemetery in Loami, IL.

1881 Andrew Draper son of Thomas & Catherine (Harbert) Draper was born in Virginia in 1815.  He moved with his parents to Indiana before 1820 where he married Eve Montgomery in 1835.  The couple had nine children: Rachel, Martha, George, Angeline, Louisa, Hugh, Thomas, Lamberton and Elizabeth.  On August 10, 1881, Andrew wrote his will:
As it is appointed unto all men once to die I have concluded to make different arrangement with my property from what the law makes, first I want my funeral expenses and all my debts paid then I want my son Thomas H. Draper to have one thousand dollars that is all he is ever to have, as he has received his share heretofore.  This being done I want my son Hugh Draper to receive five hundred dollars, and my daughter Rachel Randel to have two hundred dollars my reason for giving Hugh [and] Rachel [more] than the rest they were the oldest and helped to make more of my property than the rest of the children.
This being done, I want the balance of my property real and personal to be divided equally between my following named children Hugh, Rachel Randel, Marthann Christy, George B., Angeline Bush, Louisa Creamer, Lamberton, and Lizzie Ewar provided however, that Lamberton is to receive five hundred dollars less than the above named children because he left home before he was 21 years of age and made less of the property, for this and other reason he Lamberton Draper is to receive five hundred dollars less.  If any of my children refuse to a except [sic] this my last will they are to [be] cut out of everything.
It is my wish and request that my son Hugh and my son-in-law Samuel B. Eward be my executors and I hereby appoint them.
A.J. Draper
Witnesses: M. Grover, H.H. Woolley
Andrew died in 1884 in Decatur Co., IN and his will was probated September 1, 1884.  He is buried in 

No comments: