Friday, May 9, 2014

In Memoriam May 9th

1657 Gov. William Bradford age 69 in Plymouth, MA.  Born in Yorkshire, England in 1588 he was the son of William & Alice (Hanson) Bradford and married 1) Dorothy May in Leiden, Holland in 1613.  They had a son John and immigrated to Plymouth in 1620 on the Mayflower.  From 1621 to 1657 William served as governor of Plymouth Colony.  He married 2) Alice Carpenter in Plymouth in 1623 and they had three children: William, Mercy and Joseph.  He is buried in the Old Burying Ground in Plymouth, MA.

1682 Thomas Bascom age 77 in Northampton, MA.  He was born ca. 1605 in England.  Thomas had a daughter Mary.
Thomas Bascom Sen[io]r of Northampton bequeathed to my son Thomas all my lands of all sorts together with my house, orchard & barn, also my cartwheels, plough, chains & all other husbandry implements & mason tools and other moveables; to my son William Janes . . . my cloth suit; to my son Robert Lymon my serge coat; residue to be divided equally between my children, viz: my son Thomas Bascom, Hannah Janes & Hephzibah Limon; my son Thomas Abascom to be executor and my well beloved & trusty friends Deacon William Holton & Deacon Medad Pumry to be overseers.

1875 Samantha (Lathrop) Laws daughter of Russell & Cynthia (Powell) Lathrop in Lawrence Co., IL.  She was born in Vermont in 1820 and married Wilson Laws in 1842.  They had no children.  Samantha is buried in Leach Cemetery in Lawrence Co., IL.

1904 William Colclasure in Clay Co., IL, age 82 the son of John & Rachel (Galbraith) Colclasure. He was born in Indiana in 1821 and married 1) Harriet Spiker ca. 1849.  They had four children: Martha, Commodore Perry, Rayford and Henry.  William married 2) Sarah Wisehart in Clay Co., IL in 1880 and they had five children: Richard, Clara, Viola, Orion and Floyd. 

1959 Mary (Rainwater) Shaw in Wayne City, IL the daughter of Henry & Mary (Lane) Rainwater born in 1895 in Illinois.  She was 64 years old.  She married Vern Shaw in Steward, IL in 1914 and they had twelve children: Herman, Betty, Opal, Dorothy, Donald, Mervin, Mildred, Marjorie, Arlene, Freda, Edith and Howard.

No comments: