Saturday, September 21, 2013

September 21st

Birthdays: 

1706 Sarah Bradford daughter of Joseph & Anne (Fitch) Bradford.

1856 Mary Simmons in Aurora, IL the wife of John Smith.  She died in 1925 in Clay Co. IL.

1874 Olive Irwin in Illinois the daughter of Corbin & Charlotte (Lathrop) Irwin.  She died the same day.
 
1921 Dorothy Stanley the daughter of John & Leona (Hunter) Stanley in Fairfield, IL.  She died in Fairfield, IL in 1998 and is buried in Maple Hill Cemetery, Fairfield, IL.

1928 Ada & Edward Colclasure in Illinois twins of Clarence & Marybelle (Fitzgerald) Colclasure.  Ada died in 1929.  Edward died 2009 in Fairfield, IL. 

1934 Fred Colclasure in Fairfield, IL the son of Verlie & Marcia (Baker) Colclasure.  He died 2008 in Diamond, IL.

Gerald Steenberger son of Charles & Isabell (Fitzgerald) Steenberger

Daniel Gunter the son of Charles & Fredia (Erkman) Gunter

Marriages:

1664 Rev. Benjamin Doggett & Jane (?) in England.  Benjamin born ca. 1635 in Ipswich, England was the son of William & Anne (Langly) Doggett.  He was baptized in St. Mary le Power Parish in Ipswich, England.  Jane was born ca. 1640. The couple were living in Lancaster Co. VA by 1670 where Benjamin was minister at St. Mary’s White Chapel. 

Benjamin wrote his will on March 14, 1681:
In the name of God Amen:  I, Benjamin Doggett, minister of Lancaster County, being sick and weake in boddy but of sound and perfect memory, do make this my last will and testament as follows: 1st I bequeath my soul and boddy to God the giver and my boddy to be decently buried before the pulpit in the Chapel Church. 2nd I give unto my eldest son Benjamin Doggett, a hundred and fifty acres of land, beginning at the water side and to run right across from the line that parts me and Thomas Tomson to Jon Cook, and in case he dyes without issue male, then the land to be equally divded with the orchard, between my two sons Richard and William and in case my son Benjamin shall marry before he arrives to ye age of two and twenty, he shall thereby forfeit all his title and interest in said land and the land to be divided as above mentioned. 3rd I give unto my son Richard Doggett, on hundred acres of land and in case he dyes without issue male or marries before he arrives to the age of twenty-two then the land to descent to my son William Doggett the shares . . . without of his share in my personal estate as will purchase him a part of the land to be . . . for him.  sarbts afterward to be bought for him as his estate will admit of.  If sarbts cannot be purchased the Tobb (tobacco) to be disposed of to ye best advantage. 4th I give to my son William Doggett, one hundred acres of land and in case he dyes without issue male or marries before he arrives at the age of twenty-two, then ye land to be divided between my two daughters Jane and Anne Doggett, a part to be purchased for him out of his share in my personal estate the land seated and other parts to be bought for him as his estate will admit of, to ye best advantage, those two hundred acres given my two sons Richard and William to be divided at the discretion of my Executor. 5th I give unto my daughter Jane Doggett in England, twenty shillings and no more because she have been detained from me and is surely provided for. 6th I give unto my daughter Anne Doggett, fifteen thousand pounds of Tobb, six young cows, six breeding sows to be paid for by my 3 sons Benjamin, Richard and William provided she doth not marry before she arrives at the age of eighteen, ye lott to be at two yearly payments, one half the first year and the other half the next year, her name and age to be registered in the book of Christ Church parish and likewise my two sons borne in Virginia, their age you must have from their mother. 7th Because there remains six thousand pounds of Tobb to be paid Mr. Flower and some other lott if the Tobb allowed me by ye parishes and with my sarbts make will not dephrey them, then so much to be should out of my personal estate to be equally divided between my wife and children only debaring my son Benjamin any share amid share in ye cattle because he have good stock of his own. 8th My wife to have her accomondations as long as she continues a widow but if she marries, she shall desert the plantation, my two sons and my daughter Ann to have their accomodation with my son Benjamin till they are capable to live on their own. 9th The pipe stands to be sold for money . . . Sawers to be employed to saw planks to be sold for money to pay Mr. Griggs. 10th My books to be appraised, a great chest to be bought, ye books to be packed up and sent to England to be sold, ye overplus of monies that remains when Mr. Griggs is paid, I give unto my living wife Jane Doggett desiring her to buy mourning ring with this purpose, following more 11th I do constitute and appoint Mr. Shraphoard, Mr. Stimaold (?), Mr. Atkins, Mr. Wilkes ye appraisers of my estate.  Mr. Thomas Marlin, Mr. Joth Mullis executors to this my last will and testament and for their trouble I give unto both my executors 20 to buy the mourning rings. In witness whereof I have hereunto put my hand and seal fourteenth Day of March in ye year 1681. Benjamin Doggett Signed, sealed and delivered in the presence of Job DabinSt. William Kelly He died in 1682 and is buried in St. Mary’s White Chapel.
1738 Rev. Ephraim Avery & Deborah Lathrop.  Ephraim was born in 1713.  Deborah the daughter of Esq. Samuel & Deborah (Crow) Lathrop was born 1717.  The couple had nine children.  Ephraim died 1754 in Brooklyn, CT.  Deborah married 2) John Gardiner ca. 1760.  She married 3) Gen. Israel Putnam in 1767.  Putnam was a member of Rogers Rangers during the French & Indian War, by the end of the war he had been promoted to Major.  Between the wars Israel Putnam  moved to Brooklyn, CT where he became a farmer and tavern keeper.  When the American Revolution broke out in 1775 he was one of the more experienced military men in New England.  He was named Major General and placed second in command at the Battle of Bunker Hill.  After Bunker Hill, Putnam was in charge of the troops on Long Island awaiting the arrival of George Washington.  Deborah died at his headquarters in Highlands, NY in 1777.

1811 Jonathan Leathers & Elizabeth Wolfe in Jefferson Co. KY.  Elizabeth born 1795 in Virginia was the daughter of John & Elizabeth (Cornwell) Wolfe.  They had a daughter.  Elizabeth married 2) George Hickman in Orange Co. IN in 1837.  She died in Wayne Co. IL in 1885.

1849 Joseph Colclasure & Salina Spiker in Clay Co. IL.  Joseph the son of John & Rachel (Galbraith) Colclasure was born 1825 in Indiana.  Salina was the daughter of Jacob & Eva (Winebrenner) Spiker.  They have four children.  Joseph died in Clay Co. IL in 1899.

1862 Richard Colclasure & Liza Sefton in Clay Co. IL.  Richard was born ca. 1832 in Illinois the son of Jacob & Mary (Trinkle) Colclasure.  Liza was born 1838.  They had two children.  Richard died in 1904 in Clay Co. IL.  Liza died in 1933 in Clay Co. IL. 

1862 Richard Brooks & Amanda Bowling.  Richard the son of Caleb & Susannah (Porter) Brooks was born ca. 1809 in Virginia or Ohio.  This was his third marriage.

1893 John Brooks & Fanny Bryan in Clay Co. IL.  John was born in Clay Co. IL in 1867.  Fanny the daughter of Wesley & Catherine (Smith) Bryan was born 1875 in Clay Co. IL.  John died 1940 in Clay Co. IL and Fanny died there in 1953.

1897 George Smith & Mahala Benefield in Clay Co. IL.  George was born in Harrison Co. IN the son of William & ? (Patterson) Smith.  Mahala the daughter of Robert & Elizabeth (Blair) Benefield was born 1835 in Clay Co. IL.  She married 1) John Hord and had 9 children.  She married 3) William Smith in 1904.  Mahala died in 1916 in Neoga, IL.


1936 William Kiley & Helen Robertson in California.  Helen the daughter of Amos & Lula (Cravens) Robertson was born 1916 in Grand Valley, CO.  They had three children.  William died in 1978.  Helen died in San Bruno, CA in 1988.

No comments: