Sunday, October 6, 2013

October 6th

Birthdays . . . 

1720 Mary Janes daughter of William & Abigail (Loomis) Janes

1820 Hannah Clark the daughter of Samuel & Phebe (Sayre) Clark.

1895 John Barr the son of J.T. & Alice (Johnson) Barr in Wayne Co., IL.  He was the husband of Ruby Gurley.  John died in Paso Robles, CA in 1960.


1900 Ruth Erkman in White Co., IL.  She was the daughter of Martin 7 Mary (Schewberger) Erkman.

LaDonna Talbert the daughter of Charles & Helen (Thomason) Talbert 

John Soltau first husband of Denise Porter

Wendy Izor daughter of William & Sharon (Petty) Izor 

Marriages:

1737 Bushrod Doggett & Anne Stribling in St. Paul’s Parish, King George Co., VA.  Bushrod born ca. 1707 was the son of Richard & Elizabeth (Bushrod) Doggett hence the name.  Anne,  the daughter of Joel & Mary (?) Stribling was born 1716 in St. Paul’s Parish, Stafford Co. VA.  The county boundaries moved, the parish remained the same. The couple had eight children.  By the time of Bushrod’s death in 1791 they were living in Culpeper Co., VA. 
In the name of God amen, I Bushrod Doggett of the County of Culpeper being sick & weak, but of Perfect sense and memory do make this my last will & testament, hereby revoking all wills by me heretofore made, First & principally I bequeath my soul into the hands of its divine author my body I comit to the earth to be decently interred at the discretion of my executors hereafter named my worldly goods I dispose of as follows—
 I lend to my beloved wife Ann during her life the land & plantation where I live & after her decease I direct three hundred & fifty acres of this and to include the houses to be sold by my executors & the money arising from the sale to be equally divided between my five daughters to wit: 
 Molly Settle, Sarah Ann Byas/Byars, Elizabeth Tapp, Nancy Brown & Susanna Morgan & Their legal heirs or representatives with this exception that Sarah Ann Byas has received a negro girl of the value of thirty pounds & Nancy brown one hundred acres of land the value of forty pounds which is to be considered & accounted for & discounted out of their share residuary part of my estate left them. 
I give and bequeath to my son George Doggett & His heirs forever the following slaves to wit:  Dick, Sall, Winey, Tinor & Fann & their increase also my St___, desk & wagon & two horses with two cows & Calves which property except what he is in possession of my wife is to have use of during her life. I give and bequeath to my son Joel Doggett & his heirs forever the following slaves to wit: Ned (which he sold to Philip Pendleton) also Doll & Hannah with their increase.
I give and bequeath to my grandson Thomas Bushrod Doggett & His heirs forever the land & Plantation in the County of Fauquier one where his father lived, supposed to contain one hundred & fifty acres.
 I give and bequeath to Richard Doggett Stripling, a natural son of my son Richard one negro girl Milly & her increase but in case he should die before he comes of age or has lawfull issue I give the same to be equally divided between my daughter aforesaid ro their legal representatives. I give and bequeath to my grandson Thomas Bushrod Doggett one negro girl named Lucy to him & his heirs forever.
Item I give and bequeath to my daughter Molly Settle 7 her heirs forever one Negro girl Chloe & her increase which said slave she has possession of. I give and bequeath to my daughter Elizabeth Tapp & her heirs forever one negro Judy which is in her possession. I give and bequeath to my daughter Sarah Ann Byar & her heirs the following slaves Priscilla & Letty & their increase which said slaves are in her possession.
I give and bequeath to my daughter Nancy Brown to the heirs one negro woman Frank & her increase which slave is in her possession. I give and bequeath to my daughter Susanna Morgan & to her heirs one negro woman Winey & her increase which slave she is in possession of.
The rest & residue of my estate real & personal I lend the use of to my wife her life & after decease I direct the same to be equally divided between my five daughters aforesaid or their legal representatives.
 Lastly I appoint my two sons George Doggett & Joel Doggett Executors of this my last will in testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand & seal this ninth day of April one thousand seven hundred & ninety-one 1791 – NB the balance of the ___ of land on which I live over and above three hundred & fifty acres directed to be sold at the death of my wife.
I give to my son George Doggett & his heirs to join. Col. Pendleton, Majr. Yancy & Archibald Tutt. Bushrod Doggett (LS)
Signed, sealed published & declared by the sd. Bushrod Doggett to be his last will in presence of us:James PendletonJames BramhornBetty Bramhorn
At a court held for Culpeper County the 22nd day of November 1795.
This last will and testament of Bushrod Doggett dec’d was exhibited to the court by George and joel Doggett the executors therein named and was proved by the oaths of James Bramhorn & Betty Bramhorn two fo the witnesses thereto & ordered to be recorded and on the motion of the said executors certificate  is granted them for obtaining . . .
Anne died in 1793.
1923 Lawrence Fitzgerald & Vida Land in Terre Haute, IN.  Lawrence the son of Lafayette & Lillian (Halberstadt) Fitzgerald was born 1903 in Louisville, IL.  Vida was born ca. 1907.  The couple had one son.  Vida died in Iola, IL in 1925.  Lawrence married 2) Vaudeth Pemberton in 1929 and 3) Alma Bostic in 1964.  He had four more children.  Lawrence died 1984 in Effingham, IL and is buried in Iola, IL.
Charles & Shirley (Crumbacher) McKibben

1956 Charles McKibben & Shirley Crumbacher at the Jefferson courthouse in Mt. Vernon, IL.  Charles is the son of Frank & Julia (Neavill) McKibben.  Shirley is the daughter of Albert & Agnes (Withrow) Crumbacher.  They have two children.

No comments: