Sunday, August 11, 2013

August 11th

Birthdays:

1845 Daniel Branchcomb in Illinois, husband of Mary Gentle.  He died 1924 in Waashington Co. AR

Verschel Shaw son of William & Berval (Wood) Shaw

Charles Oliver son of Charles & Rilla (Cook) Oliver



1787 Jacob Colclasure & Elinor Dennen in Adams Co. PA.  Jacob the son of John & Mary (?) Colclasure was born 1764 in York Co. PA.  Elinor born 1765 in Adams Co. PA was the daughter of Andrew & Rachel (Blackburn) Colclasure.  They were in Westmoreland Co. PA by 1790 and had moved to Henry Co. KY ca. 1798.  The family ended up in Washington Co. IN where they both  died in 1822. We are related to both Jacob and Elinor.
In the name of God Amen.I Jacob Colglasure of Washington County being long afflicted in body but of sound mind and recollection and being desirous of settling my worldly concerns do make this my last will testament and first having divided my property with my eldest children as they became of age or went to do for themselves (to wit) Mary McGrew, Rachel Friendly, Susanna Sulleger, Abygail Colglasure and Matilda Underwood, John Colglasure, Jacob Colglasure and Abraham  Colglasure to their equal part do give and bequeath to them the sum of one dollar each to be paid by my executors out of my estate – and second I give and bequeath to my son Washington Colglasure the sum of two hundred and fifty dollars in cash, that is due me on notes by Samuel Chambers, James Person, Enoch Buckhannon and Stephen Stallcup, after paying my just debts and funeral expenses out of the said sum, also my black mare and buck horse and bay coult with all my household and kitchen furniture also all my sheep and three cows and all my hogs except four large Barrows and my rifle gun with all its apparatus and thereby I do appoint my worthy friends Jacob Doan & John Chenoweth to be the executors of this my last will and testament revoking, dis_____ and disallowing of all former wills or will.
In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 10th day of November 1822, Jacob his X mark Colglasure (seal)Attest James Gibb and John Colglasure 

1957 Richard Provines & Judy Lathrop.  Judy is the son of Herman & Marie (?) Lathrop.  They have 2 children.

No comments: