Friday, June 14, 2019

Ahnentafel #594 & #606 - Robert Cook

Robert Cook

Born: by 1700, Virginia
Died: between January and May 1780, Surry County, NC

Buried: Unknown

Married: Mary (--?--) by 1720

Records:
1772 - Surry Co., NC - tax roll - a Robert Cook is listed with 5 polls

1780 - Jan. 1, Surry Co., NC, Robert Cook wrote his will:
In the name of God amen, I Robert Cook of Surry County and State of North Carolina being sick and week but of perfect mind & memory thanks be to the Almighty God, calling to mind the Mortality of my Body knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die do make and ordain this my last will and Testament, that is to say first of all I give and recommend my soul into the hands of almighty God that gave it my Body I recommend to the Earth to be Buried in a decent manner at the Descression of my Exr nothing Doubting but
at the General resurrection I shall revive the same again by the mighty power of God, and Touching such worldly Estate where with it hat pleased God to bless me with, I give Devise and dispose of the same in the following manor 
first of all I desire that all my Lawfull Debts be paid I also lend unto my beloved wife Mary the plantation where on I now live with the Tract of land there unto belonging, also all my stocks except one Black mare & Colt, and too Cows together with all my Housel(?) Goods, Except one Bed & furniture During her Natural Life and after her decease to be Equally Divided among my children which now live with me to it: John Cook, Abel Cook, William Cook, Mary Blackburn & Thomas Cook, as I have yet too more children I also leave each of them five pounds to it Usler Nunns and Elizabeth Cook &c. I also give to my son John Cook 1 Bed & furniture, I also give to my son in Law Richard Beaselee my black Mare also give to my son in Law Samuel Taylor my black Horse Colt. I also give to my grand Daughter Daisy Cook one Cow. I also give to my grand Daughter fanner Cook one Cow, I like wise Constitute make and ordain my Friends, Amb(?) Blackburn and Thomas Eavins, Executors to this my last Will and Testament, and I do thereby Deselow [disallow] revoke & Disennul all and Every other former Testament Wills - Legaces bequeath and Executors by me in any wise before Named Willed and bequeathed Ratifing and confirming this to be my Last Will and Testament in Witness Where of I have hereunto set my hand and Seal this first Day of Jan'y, in the year of our Lord One thousand Seven hundred and eighty and in the fifth year of American Independancy Signed Seald and pronounced by the said Robert Cook as his last will and Testament in the presence of us who in the presence of each other Hath hereunto set our Names.  Robert his C mark Cook {seal}
Hardy Reddick, Thomas his T mark Collins, Ann her X mark Collins 
1780 - North Carolina, Surry County, Inventory of the Estate of Robert Cook, deceased:
  • To 36 head of Cattel
  • 29 head of Swine 
  • 4 head of sheep
  • 4 chests
  • 3 Beds & Furniture
  • 2 Bedstead & Cords
  • 1 Table 2 Ch[a]irs
  • 3 Frying panns
  • 3 meal sifters
  • 2 Iron p. racks (?)
  • 2 puter Dishes [pewter]
  • 12 playts [plates]
  • 1 case of K & forks
  • 7 puter baysons [pewter basins]
  • 3 payles
  • 2 was[h]ing tubbs
  • 1 flesh flork 1 laydel
  • 8 hoes, 3 iron wedges
  • 3 axes, 2 plows, 1 plow hoe
  • 2 F [page torn]
  • 3 hogshed 1 steelyards
  • 3 Barrals 1 parr compases
  • 1 shovel 2 grubing hoes
  • 6# of cotton 30 # of flax
  • 1 box Iron 2 heeters (?)
  • 1 foot adds [adze?]
  • 1 Drawing knife
  • 1 Curring knife
  • 4 jugs & 4 Bells
  • 2 Iron soap potts
  • 1 spice M----
  • 3 w Sifters or ------
  • 3 parr cotton cards
  • 2 saddels
  • 2 setts of sturop irons [stirrup]
  • 40 # (?) of flax Thred
  • 1 parr of shirs 2 sissors [pair of shears & scissors]
  • 1 p. of sheep shirs
  • 2 p. Iron Trases
  • 1 Snafel Bridel
  • 1 Looking Glass 1 peper box
  • 1 Loame 2 Flays(?), 3 harneses
  • 4 Buf hides, 2 hides of leather
  • 1 paddlock
  • 1 grindstone
  • 3 reap hoocks
  • 2 stone potts
  • 4 new cotton sheets
  • 2 iron klevises
  • 15 # of Barr Iron
  • [page torn]
  • 3 Meal Baggs
  • 21 puter spoons
  • 1 orger, 1 ----, 2 Gimbletts
  • 1 Cart 2 Wheels Irons
  • 1 howel
  • Torne over [turn over]
  • To 3 hundred acres of land
  • 70 Barrals of corn(?)
  • 18 Bushals Oates
  • 5 Bushals of wheat
  • 4 Bushels of Hay
  • 17 pounds 3/ In Cash &c.
  • Certifying (?) by Amb Blackburn, Thos. Evans
Robt. Cookes Inventory May 1780 Recorded
Children:
John ca. 1721
Abel ca. 1723 an Abel Cook on the 1771 Surry County tax list
William ca. 1725 - 3 Williams listed in the 1786 Surry County census
Mary b. ca. 1727 md. (--?--) Ambrose (?) Blackburn - 2 Ambrose Blackburns on 1771 Surry County tax lists
Thomas ca. 1729 - 2 Thomas' listed in 1786 Surry County census
Usler (?) b. ca. 1731 [daughter] md. (--?--) Nunns(?) 
Elizabeth md. Samuel Taylor (?)  ca. 1733
Martha  ca. 1735

Grandchildren - I'm not sure who these belong to. 
Daisy Cook
Fanner Cook

No comments: