Saturday, October 27, 2018

Ahnentafel #515 - Deborah Leffingwell

Deborah Leffingwell

Born: ca. 1660 
Died: after 1732

Buried: may be buried in Olde Mansfield Center Cemetery, Manfield, CT with Andrew Warner

Married:  1) Nathaniel Crow ca. 1683 & 2) Andrew Warner March 6, 1701, Hartford, Connecticut

Records:
1660 - there is no record of Deborah's birth or baptism. She is thought to be the daughter of Lt. Thomas & Mary (White?) Leffingwell.  This is possible, if she were born ca. 1660 as that family was in the process of moving from Saybrook to Norwich.  There is no probate for Lt. Thomas that might have evidence of the connection.  He did serve many years on the general court in Hartford which could explain her marrying men from Hartford instead of someone from Norwich. 

1695 - Sept. 7 - Hartford, CT - Inventory of Nathaniel Crow's estate mentions legatees:
  • relict Mrs. Deborah Crow
  • Elizabeth age 10
  • John age 8
  • Deborah age 2 years & 3 months
1704, June 21 - Hartford, CT - Deed: 
I, Thomas Leffingwell of Norwich in consideration of the love good will and fatherly affection that I have and bear to my well beloved daughter Deborah Warner, give . . . unto my son-in-law Andrew Warner of Hartford, Conn. all my right in 100 acres of land, mentioned in the within deed given to me from Abimelech
1708, 2 March - Windham, CT - Deed:
Samuel Whiting of Windham conveyed to Andrew Warner of Hartford for £6, 50 acres on the southeast side of Auquebatuck abuting northerly on s'd Andrew Warner's land, witnesses John ffitch, Joshua Lassell. 
1709/10 - Feb. 6 - Hartford, CT - Andrew Warner, late of Hartford, now of Windham and Deborah his wife, administrators of the estate of Nathaniel Crow, late of Hartford deceased, now presented an account of their Adms: Paid out £48-08-11, and there has been spent, wasted or lost of the Moveables, £48-12-10. The whole of the moveable part of the estate was Invt. at £121-02-10. Of this there remains for Distribution £24-01-01. One third part, vizt, £8-00-04, being the proper right of Andrew Warner and Deborah his wife; and other £8-00-04 the right of Daniel Dickinson, who married Elizabeth, one of the daughters of the sd. Decd; and other £8-00-04, the residue, the right of Deborah Crow, one other daughter of the sd. Decd. The said Andrew & Deborah Warner have already distributed and paid out the same to them. This Court allow and approve, and now discharge the said Andrew & Deborah Warner, Adms., and grant a Quietus Est. And whereas, the County Court held at Hartford September 5th, 1695, did order and direct the way and manner of the distribution of the Estate of the said Nathaniel Crow deceased, and therein (amongst other things) did order that John Crow, the eldest and only sonn of the said deceased, should have and receive his whole portion thereof out of the houseing and lands at inventory price: The real part of said estate is £386-00-00, which with the £24-01-01 of moveables amounts to £410-01-01 in the whole. This Court do now order and decree 1-3 part of the houseing and lands to and for the use of the sd. Andrew Warner and Deborah his wife, relict of the said deceased, for the term of her life. To John Crow, the only son, the sum of £201-00-04; and to Daniel Dickinson and his children by his late wife Elizabeth aforenamed, the sum or vallue of £92-09-10; and to Deborah Crow £92-09-10; all at inventory price. And this Court appoint Capt. Roger Pitkin, Deacon Joseph Olmsted and Daniel Bidwell, senior, distributors. The estate now distributed to John Crow, to the Children of Daniel Dickinson in right of his wife Elizabeth, and to Deborah Crow, youngest daughter of said deceased, by Capt. Roger Pitkin, Deac. Joseph Olmstead & Daniel Bidwell.

1711, March 5 - Windham, CT - Deed - Andrew Warner of Windham sold to Samuel Hutchinson of Lebanon "one acre on the south part of my farm in Windham and adjoining to s'd Hutchinson's land," 

1711, Aug. 1 - Windham, CT - Deed:
Samuel Whiting also sold to Andrew Warner of Windham for £5, ten acres of meadow on the southwest side of Shautucket River.
1714, Jan. 15 - Windham, CT - Deed:
Andrew Warner of Windham conveyed to Ensign Thomas Leffingwell of Norwich 58 acres on the southwest side of Shautucket River, which he had purchased of Samuel Whiting.  
1723, Oct. 18 - Mansfield, CT - Deed - Andrew Warner & Deborah Warner his wife of Mansfield sold land there to Thomas Fitch of Boston.

1723, Nov. 26 - Mansfield, CT - Deed - Nathaniel Bassett and wife Joanna of Mansfield sold land to Andrew Warner of Mansfield. 

1729/40, Feb. 6 - Windham, CT - Deed: 

Andrew Warner of Mansfield conveyed to his son Joseph Warner of Windham for £50 the "tract I purchased of Whiting on the southwest side of Shautucket River in Windham (ten acres)." 

1731/32, January 21 - Windham, CT - Deed - Andrew Warner of Mansfield, farmer, for mutual affection, love and good will, conveys to "my well beloved son Joseph Warner of Windham" 88 acres on the west side of Windham River. 

1731/32, January 25 - Windham, CT - Deed - Andrew Warner of Mansfield conveys to his son Thomas Warner of Mansfield land in Windham on the west side of Windham River; witnesses Elisha Warner, Richard Abbe.

1731/32, January 31 - Mansfield, CT - Will of Andrew Warner:
In the name of God Amen ye 31st Day of January In ye year of our Lord 1731/2 I Andrew Warner of Mansfield In The County of Wendham In ye Coloney of Connecticut In New England yeoman being weak and sick in body but of perfict mind and memory Thanks be given to God Tharefor Caling to mind ye mortality of my body and knowing that It is appointed for men once to dye doe make and ordain this my last will and Testament
That is to say princeply and first of all I give and Recommend my soul into ye hands of God that gave it hopeing through The merits Death and passion of my Saviour Jesus Christ to have full and free pardon and for Givenes of all my sins and to In herit ever lasting life: and my body I comit to ye Earth to be decently buried at ye discretion of my Executor Hear after named nothing doubting that at ye General Resurrection I shall Receive ye same again by ye mighty power of God: and as touching such worldly estate wherewith it hath pleased God to bless me In this Life I Give demise and dispose of ye same In ye following maner and form That is to say --
First I will that all Those Debt and Deuties as I owe In Right or Conciance to any maner of person or persons whatsoever shall be well and truly contented and paide or ordained to be paide In covenant time after my deceas[e] by my Executor Hereafter named
Item I give and bequeath unto Deborah my dearly beloved Wife ye use and Improvement of such moveables within doars as she shall stand in need of for her comfort so long as she lives or Continues my widow and also to be maintained and supported Honourably so long as she lives or Continues to be my Widow by my son or sons as may more fuly apear In the following part of my will
Item I give to my well beloved son Joseph Warner a tract and Parsel of land lying in Windham wch land he has a Deed of Gift as may more fuly apear by sd De[e]d wch I estem to Be his portion ye sd land is part of my farm lying In wendham and Is ye north side or north west side of sd farm and further It is my will that my son Joseph shall Pay or cause to be paid to my well beloved wife ye sume of five pounds yearly If she Removes from my son Elisha's Home. I give to my well beloved son Thomas Warner a tract and parcel of land lying in wendham wch land he has a deed of gift of as may more fuly apear by sd deed which I estem to be his portion of sd land Is part of my farm lying and being In wendham afore sd and Is ye south or southerly part of sd farm and farther It is my will that my Son Thomas shall pay or cause to be paide to my well beloved Wife ye sume of three pounds yearly If she Remains [sic] From my son Elishas --
Item I give to my well beloved son Elisha Warner ye Remainder and Resedeu of my farm lying in wendham It being ye mid[d]le part of sd farm and als[o] all my moveables with doars and with out together with all bonds Bills &c ye sd Elisha for to take care of and Honourable Provide for his mother Deborah my well beloved wife both in Sickness and In Health during her natural life or so long as she shall continue my widow further it is my will that If my sd wife shall of her own will and Pleasur[e] Goe from my sd son Elishas and live with eithar of my other sons or Daughtars hearafter mentioned Then my sd son Elisha shall yearly and every ear pay or cause to be paid to his Hon'r. Mother ye sume of Ten pounds of Good and currant money so long as she lives or continues my widow and also It Is my Will that my son Elisha pay to his two sisters These Particular sums of money that are bequeathed them In this will farther also I Do constitute make and ordain my sd son Elisha my only and sole executor of this my last will and Testament
Item I give to my well beloved daughtar Thankfull Huntington ye sume of Thirty pounds to be paid Hur by my son Elisha within five year after my decease --
Item I give to my well beloved Daughtar Mary Stoars ye som of thirty pounds money to be paide her by my Elisha within five years after my deceas[e] Furthar It is my will and True Intent That ye sd sixty pounds money wch I Give to my Daughtars so much of It shall be paide that may Remain to make up thirty Pounds money a peace that they may not have Received of me In my life Time Towards ye sixty Pounds that I Give Them In this present will besides what they have already Recieved as part of Their portion so that what money I Have paid them since ye makeing of this Will shall be looked upon as part of ye sixty pounds that Is willed them To be paide them by my son Elissha Finaly I do heareby uttarly disalow Revoak and disan Null all and every othar formar Testements will legases bequests executors by me In any way before this time Named willed and bequeathed Ratifieing and confirming this and no othar To be my last will and Testement In witness whereof I have hearunto set my hand and seall ye day and year above written 
Andrew Warner {Seal}
Signed Sealed Published Pronounced and declared by ye sd Andrew Warner as his last will and Testement In ye presents of us ye subscribers (viz)  Eleazer Williams, Ebenezer Abbe, Joshua Abbe
1732, June 9 - Mansfield, CT - Andrew Warner's estate was probated:
Then ye Reverend Mr. Eleazer Williams, Ebenezar Abbe and Joshua Abbe all appeared and made solemn oath that they were present together with Andrew Warner at his publishing ratifying and signing this his last will and testament and that they then saw him sign and heard him declare this and no other to be his last will and that they did judge him to be composed in mind and of good understanding and memory and suitable capacity when he signed and declared it and that they were called and did sign thereto as witnesses.
Before me Thomas Huntington, Justice of Peace
1732, June 29 - Mansfield, CT - Deborah Warner affidavit recorded in Windham Probate 2:88:
These are to Sertifie to your Hon'r that I am well satisfied with ye last will and Testament of my late Deceased Husband (viz) Andrew Warner and also I do desier [desire] that your Honour woold allow and approve of ye sd will wch will bars date Jan. 31, 1732-2
Deborah Warner 
Signed in Presents of Ebenezer Abbe, Joshua Abbe
1732, June 30 - Windham, CT - Andrew Warner's estate was probated:

In the presence of Timothy Pierce Esquire Judge, the last will and testament of Mr. Andrew Warner of Mansfield, deceased was exhibited into said court by ye executor named in said will (who excepted of that trust in said court) the witnesses to said will being sworn in manner accustomed which will is by said court proved approved allowed of and ordered to be recorded and kept on file. 

Test: John Crery, clerk of probate

1732, Oct. 30 - Mansfield, CT - Inventory of Andrew Warner's estate - a true inventory of all and singular ye goods chattles and credits of Mr. Andrue Warnar Dec'd. prised at Mansfield by us Thomas Stoars and John Slapp [amount not added up in record]

Children by Nathaniel Crow:
Elizabeth
John
Deborah

Children by Andrew Warner:
Thankful b. 1697, d. 1739 md. John Huntington 1723 [son of John & Abigail (Lathrop) Huntington]
  • John b. 1726, killed in accident 1774 md. Mehitable Steele 1748
    • John
    • Mehitable
    • Elisha
    • William
    • Hezekiah
    • Deborah
    • Samuel
    • Abigail
    • Ruth
    • Thankful
  • Thankful b. 1727, d. 1739
  • Samuel b. 1728, d. French & Indian War, md. (--?--) had one child
  • Andrew b. 1730, died young
  • Abigail b. 1732, d. 1769 md. James Steele 1754
    • Aaron Steele
    • James Steele
    • Zadock Steele
    • Samuel Steele
    • Andrew Steele
    • Abigail Steele
    • Deborah Steele
  • Deborah b. 1736
Joseph b. 1700 or 1701, d. 1767 md. Elizabeth Allen 1722
  • Joseph b. 1724, md. Anna Lathrop 1754
    • Anna
  • Andrew b. 1725, d. 1726
  • Elizabeth b. 1727, d. 1801 md. Thomas Tracy 1725
    • Mary Tracy
    • Andrew Tracy
    • Deborah Tracy
    • Susannah Tracy
    • James Tracy
    • Thomas Tracy
    • Joseph Tracy
    • Elizabeth Tracy 
  • William b. 1729, d. 1799 md. 1) Lydia Murdock 1769, 2) Mary Williams 1774
    • Lydia
    • William
  • Andrew (2) b. 1731, d. 1753, age 21, never married
  • Mary b. 1733 md. Joseph Hutchinson
  • Naomi b. 1736, d. 1780, never married 
  • Lydia b. 1738, d. 1739
Mary b. 1703, d. 1782 md. Captain Samuel Storrs, Jr. 1726
  • Deborah Storrs b. 1726/7, d. 1727
  • Martha Storrs b. 1728 md. Nathaniel Hall 1745
    • Nathaniel Hall
    • Deborah Hall
    • Ruth Hall
    • Olive Hall
    • Martha Hall
    • Andrew Hall
    • Azariah Hall
    • Richard Hall
    • Aaron Hall
    • Asahael Hall
    • Mary Hall
  • Samuel Storrs b. 1729/30, d. 1776 md. Huldah Snow
    • Deborah Storrs
    • Elisabeth Storrs
    • Mary Storrs
    • Jehiel Storrs
    • Lydia Storrs
    • Huldah Storrs
    • Achsah (female) Storrs
    • Jabez Storrs
    • Andrew Storrs
    • Andrew (2) Storrs
    • Ruth Storrs
  • Deborah Storrs (2) b. 1733
  • Andrew Storrs b. 1735, d. 1785 md. (--?--)
  • Richard Storrs b. 1746
Thomas b. 1705, md. 1) Delight Metcalf 1737, 2) Elizabeth (--?--) Ladd
  • Eleazer b. 1738, d. ca. 1823 md. 1) Joanna Hale 1762 & 2) Elizabeth (--?--), children: Elizabeth, Thomas, Abigail (1), Eleazer (1), Samuel, Eliphalet, Joanna (1), James, Delight (1), Eleazer (2), Zachariah, Joanna (2), Abigail (2), Delight (2)
  • Sarah b. 1740 md. Capt. David Strong 1760, children: Eliphalet, Sally, Hannah, John, Delight, David (twin), Abigail (twin), Eunice, Samuel, Mary, Azubah (female)
  • Alice / Elis b. 1742 md. Peter Cross 1766, children: Jehiel, Reuben, Wade, Alice, Rebeckah, Peter, Eleazer, Eleanor
  • Eliphalet b. 1743/4, died young
  • Abigail b. 1746
  • Delight b. 1749, d. 1825 md. Dr. Thomas Sadd 1748, children: Noah, Harvey, Chauncey, Betsy, Sally, Hepsibah
  • Thomas b. 1753, d. before 1760
  • Elisha b. 1756
Elisha b. 1707, d. 1751 md. Elizabeth Babcock 1730
  • Elizabeth b. 1738 md. Jonathan Bingham Jr., 1764, children: Elisha, Erastus
  • Zerviah b. 1741 md. Ebenezer Russ, had one child Ebenezer,   [160]
  • Josiah b. 1745 md. Deborah Hall 1768, children: Parthena, Thirza, Lothrop, Jeremy, Sarah, Deborah, Augusta, Josiah 
  • Samuel b. 1747, may have married Abigail Matthews 1773
  • Mary b. 1751
Revised 1/4/2021

No comments: