Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Ahnentafel #187 - Mary Miller

Mary Miller

Born: 1750 probably in North Carolina
Died: ca. 1826 Logan County, Kentucky

Buried: Unknown

Married: Andrew Crissel ca. 1770 probably in Lincoln Co., North Carolina

Records:
1790 - North Carolina, Lincoln Co. - Living with Andrew and five sons and three daughters.  Mary may have been about 40 years old.  

1800 - Kentucky, Logan Co. - The family was living there and paying taxes.



1824 - Kentucky, Logan Co. - Mary wrote her will on July 1st:
In the name of God Amen, I Mary Crisel widow of Andrew Crisel dec’d. of Logan County and state of Kentucky being perfect senses and memory do after revoking all other make this my  last will and testament (to wit) I leave my just debts to be paid after which I leave to my daughter Susanna Epley all my clothing, household & Kitchen furniture & one hundred dollars ____  ______ if anything in money.  I leave ____ be equally divided between three of my children namely Susanna Eply, Henry Crisel & Peggy Maulding formally Peggy Crisel.  I leave Jacob Epley my whole & act executor to fulfill this my last will  & testament.  Given under my hand and seal this first day of July one thousand eight hundred & twenty-four.

Mary [her mark] Crisel

Levi/Lewis Marchal
John Grove
Benjamin F. Arnold
1826 - September 4 - her will was admitted to probate:
Logan County, At a county court held for said county at the courthouse in Russellville on the 4th day of September 1826 the within last will & testament of Mary Crisel dec’d. was exhibited in open court proved by the oaths of Lewis Marshall & Benjamin F. Arnold two subscribing witnesses thereto to be her act. & ____ & moved to be recorded.  In testimony whereof & that the same with the certificate stands truly recorded in my office.  I hereto set my hand this 4th day of Sept. 1826.
1827 - October 1 - an appraisal of Mary's estate was admitted to probate court:
A list of the Appraisement of the property of Mary Crisel dec’d.

One bedstead & chaff bed with the cord & blanket & pillow & sheet $3
One trunk 2
Cash commonwealth’s paper 13.50

We the undersigned do hereby certify that is a list of all the property of Mary Crisel dec’d. shown to us by the executors of sd. Mary Crisel dec’d.  Given from under our hands & seale this 1st day of October 1827.

Sam’l. Arnold
Benjn. F. Arnold
Robert Henry

Logan County  A county court begun and held for Logan County at the courthouse in Russellville on the 1st day of October 1827.  The within appraisement of the goods and chattels of Mary Crisel dec’d. was exhibited in open court approved by the court and ordered to be recorded.  In testimony of which and that the same together with this certificate stand truly recorded in my office.  Thereto set my hand and date above.

Spencer Curd.
Children: 
George
John
Andrew
Michael
Henry
Susanna
Fanny
Margaret aka Peggy
Mary aka Polly

Revised 6/29/2020

No comments: