Tuesday, December 3, 2013

December 3rd

1653 Mary Cobb in Scituate, MA wife of John Lathrop.  She died before 1695.

1653 Thomas Loomis the son of Deacon John & Elizabeth (Scott) Loomis.  He died in 1688.

1744 Elisha Avery the son of Rev. Ephraim & Deborah (Lathrop) Avery.  He died in 1782.

1875 Fanny Bryan in Clay Co., IL the daughter of Wesley & Catherine (Smith) Bryan.  She died in 1953 in Clay Co., IL.

1878 Sophia Schmidt the wife of John Smith.  She died in 1947.


Marriages:

1835 Andrew Draper & Eve Montgomery.  Andrew born 1815 in Virginia was the son of Thomas & Catherine (Harbert) Draper.  Eve was the daughter of Thomas & Elizabeth (Bingham) Montgomery.  They had nine children. 
Will of Andrew J. Draper, August 10th 1881As it is appointed unto all men once to die I have concluded to make different arrangement with my property from what the law makes, first I want my funeral expenses and all my debts paid then I want my son Thomas H. Draper to have one thousand dollars that is all he is ever to have, as he has received his share heretofore.  This being done I want my son Hugh Draper to receive five hundred dollars, and my daughter Rachel Randel to have two hundred dollars my reason for giving Hugh [and] Rachel [more] than the rest they were the oldest and helped to make more of my property than the rest of the children. This being done, I want the balance of my property real and personal to be divided equally between my following named children Hugh, Rachel Randel, Marthann Christy, George B., Angeline Bush, Louisa Creamer, Lamberton, and Lizzie Ewar provided however, that Lamberton is to receive five hundred dollars less than the above named children because he left home before he was 21 years of age and made less of the property, for this and other reason he Lamberton Draper is to receive five hundred dollars less.  If any of my children refuse to a except [sic] this my last will they are to [be] cut out of everything. It is my wish and request that my son Hugh and my son-in-law Samuel B. Eward be my executors and I hereby appoint them. A.J. Draper Witnesses:M. GroverH.H. Woolley The will was probated in 1884 in Decatur Co., IN. 
1868 John Fitzgerald & Margaret Gumbaugh.  John the son of James & Elizabeth (Taylor) Fitzgerald was born in 1851.  Margaret was born in Ohio.   They had two children.  John died in 1892. 

1938 Erwin Smith & Erna Buskie.  Erwin born 1910 was the son of John & Sophia (Schmidt) Smith.  He died in 1965.

1977 Mark Holler & Karen Newcom in Taylorville, IL.  Mark is the son of Ivan & Bonnie (Lathrop) Holler.  They have two children.  They are divorced.

No comments: