Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Ahnentafel #871 - Amelia Rosenboom

Amelia Catherine Rosenboom

Born: between 1728 & 1730 probably in Rotterdam
Died: after 1796, North Carolina

Buried: probably at Bethany United Church of Christ Cemetery, Davidson Co., NC, no stone identified

Married: ca. 1749 Philip Fox may have married in Germany, Holland or Philadelphia

Religion: member of St. Michael's Lutheran Church, Germantown, Philadelphia, PA

Records:
1750 - Philadelphia, PA - unclear whether Amelia immigrated with Philip Fox or met him at the boat.

1750 - Philadelphia Township, Philadelphia Co., PA - A Philip Fuchs appears on census index

1759 - Plumstead Township, Bucks Co. PA - map of the township shows her husband Philip owning 150 acres

1774- July 24 - Bern Church, Berks Co., PA - on church roll:
  • Philip Fuchs & wife
1775 - Plumstead Township, Bucks Co., PA - Philip Fox on tax list

1776-1781 - Plumstead Township, Bucks Co., PA - a Philip Fox served in American Revolution

1778 - July 17 - Plumstead Township, Bucks Co., PA - Philip Fox, Sr. took oath of allegiance. 

ca. 1782 - Philip Fox moved his family to Rowan Co., NC

1784 - Dec. 5 - Rowan Co., NC - Philip Fox received land grant for 240 acres on Brushy Fork of waters of Abbots Creek.

1787 - Philadelphia, PA - a Philip Fuchs appears on tax list

1788 - February, North Carolina - Philip Fuchs mentioned in diary of Rev. Paul Henkel

1792 - July 23 - Rowan Co., NC - Amelia is mentioned in Philip's will:

I also give to my son John Fox he whole of my moveable estate, that I have not yet mentioned; provided that he procures for my well beloved wife Amelia, such a maintenance as she shall be satisfied with, during the time as she remains my widow, and upon his neglecting to provide as aforesaid I order that she shall have the use of my estate during the time she remains my widow. 

And lastly, I do constitute & appoint Amelia my well beloved wife & my son John Fox my only & sole executors & I do hereby revoke & _____ all & every other former will by me before this time named, written & bequeathed, ratifying & confirming this & no other to be my last will & test. 

1796 - Rowan Co., NC - Amelia Fox relinquished her right as executor and her son John qualified as executor of Philip's estate. 

Children:
Jacob
Anna Catherina
Mary
Philip
John
Elizabeth
Sarah
Maria
Huldah
William

No comments: