Thursday, April 16, 2020

Ahnentafel #855 - Anne Stribling

Anne Stribling

Born: 1716 St. Paul's Parish, Stafford County, Virginia
Died: 1793 - I don't have a source for this, may be earlier, see affidavits below

Buried: unknown

Married: Bushrod Doggett, October 6, 1737, St. Paul's Parish, Stafford Co., Virginia

Records:
1737 - Oct. 6 - St. Paul's Parish, King George Co., VA - marriage record states that Bushrod was of Brunswick Parish and Anne Stribling of "this" parish meaning St. Paul's Parish. The parish was in Stafford County at the time.  Because of county boundary changes it is now located in King George County.

1765 - Apr. 22 - Culpeper County, VA - Anne is listed as Nanny in a deed of land from Bushrod Doggett to William Morgan.

1770 - Fauquier Co., VA - the family was living here as Bushrod paid taxes here.



1775-1789 - Fauquier Co., VA - according to affidavits in the bounty land warrant application for Richard Doggett, the family lived here and Anne died about 1789.  It indicates that she and Bushrod took their grandson Richard Doggett Stripling:
Doggett, Richard, BLW #1983-300, SC (?) & VA Line, soldier's father Bushrod Doggett & his wife (not named) lived in Fauquier Co., VA at the start of the Rev. War & they raised a family in that county but the only names shown were: Benjamin, the claimant Richard, George, Joel & Susanna or Susannah, it was stated soldier's father had 4 sons in the Rev. War, the said Benjamin served for VA & died during the Rev. War about 1779 & his son Thomas Doggett was of Bath Co., KY in 1832.  The claimant Richard Doggett served as a captain in the VA Line from Fauquier Co., VA & was killed in the battle of Stone, soldier's nephew Thomas son of his brother Benjamin applied 5 June 1832 Bath Co., KY as only heir, soldier's sister Susannah m. Charles Morgan a son of William Morgan of Fauquier Co., VA & she died prior to 1833 Kentucky & in 1833 her son Willis Morgan & her son John Morgan lived in Kentucky in 1833 and 1832 respectively, on 14 Jun 1832 Richard Doggett stated at Washington, Mason Co., KY that he was aged 62 on 10 Oct. next & that he lived with his mother in King George Co., VA when his father was killed & he lived with his grandparents until they died & he was aged about 19 when they died (the said Richards was an illegitimate son of soldier & he did not [know] name of his mother.)
1791 - April 9 - Culpeper County, Virginia - Anne is mentioned in her husband's will:
I lend to my beloved wife Ann during her life the land & plantation where I live & after her decease I direct three hundred & fifty acres of this and to include the houses to be sold by my executors & the money arising from the sale to be equally divided between my five daughters to wit:  
Molly Settle, Sarah Ann Byas/Byars, Elizabeth Tapp, Nancy Brown & Susanna Morgan & Their legal heirs or representatives with this exception that Sarah Ann Byas has received a negro girl of the value of thirty pounds & Nancy brown one hundred acres of land the value of forty pounds which is to be considered & accounted for & discounted out of their share residuary part of my estate left them.  . . . 
The rest & residue of my estate real & personal I lend the use of to my wife her life & after decease I direct the same to be equally divided between my five daughters aforesaid or their legal representatives. 
Lastly I appoint my two sons George Doggett & Joel Doggett Executors of this my last will in testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand & seal this ninth day of April one thousand seven hundred & ninety-one 1791 -- NB the balance of the ___ of land on which I live over and above three hundred & fifty acres directed to be sold at the death of my wife.
Children:
Mary
Sarah Ann
Elizabeth
Nancy
Susanna
George
Joel
Richard
Benjamin - may not be their son
Bushrod - may not be their son

No comments: