Friday, October 27, 2017

Ahnentafel #369 - Caty Tyler

Catherine Tyler aka Caty 

Born: ca. 1730 Caroline County, Virginia

Died: after 1819

Buried: Unknown

Married: James Maulding ca. 1753 in Caroline Co., Virginia

Records:
1798 - October 9, Logan Co., KY - Caty Maulding administrator
of James Maulding, dec'd. appointed her son Richard attorney to receive from the estate of William Tylor dec'd. who in his lifetime resided in North Carolina County, Virginia. 

Know all men by these presents that I Caty M--- [Mauldin? or ?] Maulding Administratrix of James Mauldin Deceased of the County of Logan and State of Kentucky have constituted and appointed my son Richard of the same place my true and Lawfull attorney for me & in my name to ask for and Receive of the Executor of the Estate of William Tyler deceased who in his life time Resided in Carolina [Caroline] County & state of Virginia the full amount of all Bequests and Legacies --- the said James Mauldin in his lifetime by he said William Tyler at his death & in his last will and Testament and to give the said Executor a full Release and discharge for the same in my name. And I do further impower my said Attorney to make use of all Lawfull ways and means to Recover the same in as full & ample a manner as if I my self was present and acting & I do hereby Ratify & Confirm whatever my said attorney shall do in the --- as if I myself was present and acting. In Testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand & seal the 9th day of October, 1798. Caty Mauldin {Seal}  Signed & Sealed in presence of

Logan County Court October Term 1798. This power of attorney was exhibited in Court Acknowledged by Caty Mauldin and ordered to be recorded. Teste Sam'l Caldwell.

1804 - November 20 - Logan Co., KY - Caty Maulding power of attorney 
Know all men by these presents that I Caty Maulding of Logan County & State of Kentucky for diverse(?) good --- and Consideration to me hereunto moving have nominated & appointed my trusty friend and son West Maulding my lawfull attorny in fact for me and in my name to transact all of my business whatsoever relative to an estate accruing(?) to me and my heirs from the death of John Tyler Late of Caroline County Virginia And I do by these presents Completely Author[ise] my said Attorney in fact West Maulding to Receive, ask for demand or sue for my said estate or such part as shall be coming to me as aforesaid either money or property And when received to grant receipt for the same for me and in my name. In all business in Any way relating to the Said Estate And I do further Authorise my said attorney in fact West Maulding Give(?) or more attorney in my name to make to transact the said Business in case he may choose to do the same hereby ratifying and Confirming all my said Attorney may do in my name as fully and Completely as if I my self was present And have done the the same myself. In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal the 20th day of November 1804.  

Caty her X mark Maulding

{State of Kentucky, Logan County to wit:} I Armistead Morehead clerk to the Circuit Court for the said County do certify that the witness Named Caty Maulding personally appeared before me and Acknowledged the within power of Attorney o West Maulding to be her act and and --- for the purposes in the Same Contained And agreeably to an act of assembly in such case made and provided. It is admitted to Record And In testimony that the same is recorded. I have hereunto set my hand and probate seal no. seal of office being --- provided the 20th day of November 1804 and 13Year of the Commonwealth. Armistead Morehead [this guy is a cousin through the Morehead family]

Children:
Jane
Mary
Morton
Ambrose
Frances
Richard Tyler
Wesley

Revised 1/27/2023

No comments: