Saturday, March 11, 2017

Filing 20+ Years of Genealogy

This is what I've been doing since late December and why I haven't been blogging.  I've been sorting, doing data entry and filing about 20 years worth of files.  Over 2 cubic feet of records on all y'all and our ancestors.   Genealogist or stalker? You decide.

Genealogy database


Cubic foot box with 2 sets of alphabets for sorting.  I'm in the L's.
Gee wonder why there are so many files in that section?!

Sorting containers and files
I have added documents to existing folders/boxes.

Documents after data entry to be filed, includes correspondence, graduation invitations, probate documents, newspaper clippings, etc. 

Green boxes - Dad's Family Files
Red boxes - Mom's Family Files
Black boxes - General / Place Files
 
 

200 new acid-free folders arrived Wednesday!!
It's been a lot of fun rereading our history.  Getting this stuff organized will help me make this a better blog and be able to post more original documents because I'll actually be able to find them . . . 

Stay tuned, I will eventually get back to my schedule of blog entries. 

No comments: